Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Seems now tougher to ski well…

In the past days, I haven’t been in great form on my skis. My turns feel sometime less secure, I find it more difficult to control my skis in rough terrain, and it seems also harder to keep skiing non-stop for a full run without feeling my legs hurting. 

Sure, I have my explanations: flat light, hard snow to ski on, a momentary lull. In reality, is this just a temporary funk or is physical decline making itself noticed? I’m not quite sure, but I’ve decided to pay more attention as the days progress. 

It’s however logical, expected and natural, but I don’t want to admit it right away, and want to be sure that it’s the new order of things before mentally settling into such a way of thinking that I resist and find absolutely abhorrent. 

For the time being lets say that the jury is out…

No comments: