Saturday, January 29, 2022

How did Henrik Kristoffersen switched to Marker?

As I was watching the recent men slalom races, I couldn’t help but notice that the Norvegian champion was no longer on his Look bindings as I saw a non-familiar set mounted on his Rossignol skis. 

Sure Henrik isn’t your run-of-the-mill racer when it comes to sponsorship agreements. Remember when he sued his own ski federation for the right to having his own lucrative helmet sponsorship deal with Red Bull instead of Telnor that was negotiated for everyone on the team. 

So my question is, why is Kristoffersen getting away from mounting Markers on his skis instead of Look? 

Premature release? 

I have to say that the Rossignol-concocted binding setup reminiscent of the old Look 27 doesn’t inspire that much confidence, but weren’t Look bindings the ones Hirscher ski down as the forerunner of the Kitzbuhel downhill the other weekend? 

Can someone tell me the real ins and outs of that story?

No comments: