Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Produce efforts first to suffer less later?

Intuitively, I’ve always believed that any form of effort, like work or discipline in everything we do, will act as an antidote to future suffering. How true and verified is that approach, I can tell for certain, but I’m convinced that it works like, say, most natural laws of nature. 

Sure, I’m not necessarily talking about unimaginable circumstances that lead to suffering, but very probable and likely ones. Like for instance, being hit with a huge, unforeseen expense. The pain linked to that situation can be lessen by systematically saving in view of the possibility of some “rainy day”. 

Another can example can be found in taking good care of our body in order to avoid bad medical outcomes down the road, or working hard at school in order to get an enjoyable and comfortable career. 

Do you see what I mean? You do the suffering first under the form of discipline, sacrifice and arduous work and you suffer less later on.

A prepayment method of future suffering, if you will, but that gives you a lot of control and in the end is less costly. I think I like the idea even more, and am now more convinced about its efficacy, after just trying to explain it...

No comments: