Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Irritation, the step-child of emotions

When we discuss emotions, we often overlook irritation and it’s never something people like to talk about it because of its insidious, unpleasant and indirect nature. 

It’s generally defined as “a state of excessive, easily provoked anger, annoyance, or impatience.” In other words a full package of emotions unleashing on us. 

When we feel irritated, we aren’t our usual selves. We’re on edge, we get upset as the slightest thing can set us off at any moment. It can make us snappy, rude and hard to be around. At least this is pretty much how I feel. 

It generally happens to me when everything is going smoothly for me, and then, all of a sudden, boom! Something comes out of nowhere to mess up my well-organized routine and God, I hate it! Well, that’s my reality and I’ve looking at some remedies to deal with it. 

Experts mention meditation, muscle relaxation, writing our thoughts down, getting support from others or finding a positive distraction, which all sound good, but not really effective, except for meditation. 

So, with not so many tools available my best course of action seems to have the courage of facing it and dealing with it.

No comments: