Saturday, January 21, 2023

Life energy management

Yesterday, I was saying that I had found a way to “tap” into some extra source of energy and after thinking about what I wrote, I asked myself “How much could that amount to?” or “How much force or energy do we need to go through a typical day?” 

That question brought me back to our brains and made me realize that this organ of ours that represents just 2% of out body weight, consumes 20% of our body's energy. This means that during a typical day, we use about 320 calories just to think.

That’s right, our brain runs continuously, whether awake or sleeping, on only about 12 watts of power. For comparison, a typical desktop computer draws around 175 watts, and a laptop less than half of that at 60 watts, so our thinking organ is very efficient. 

So back to what I was saying yesterday, if my brain power is maxed out, why not use some extra help (or watts) from the cosmic forces it have a way to tap into it? No, I haven’t measured how much energy I was borrowing from the universe, but that will be the subject of an upcoming blog!

No comments: