Monday, January 23, 2023

Parking, skiing hardest part

It used to be that skiing difficulties had to do with snow quality, coverage, slopes difficulties, crowding and affordability, but today in Park City, it’s become finding a place to park one’s car. 

I know, I should carpool or take mass-transit, but I still don’t and it’s not unusual for me to spend 15 to 30 minutes looking for a parking spot, or more often, waiting patiently for one to get free as I mostly ski in the afternoon and a few skiers that have been making turns since 9 am are ready to head back home.

So, as I cruise the large parking lot I not only look for the extremely rare vacant slot, but scan the best I can to the left and the right to see a skier and his party loading their skis, taking off their boots and extra clothing before returning home. 

Talk about a totally new set of skills I’m adding to my quiver, which goes to say that I never stop learning!

No comments: