Monday, January 9, 2023

Ready for “quality skiing”?

After a personal lifetime record in 2022, (a total 2,340,302 vertical feet descended for 122 days of skiing) in my 75th year, I think it’s about time I began taking the foot off the pedal and usher a more qualitative skiing era. 

A slower pace might be fun though, still educational for me, less dangerous to others, and also enable me to fine tune my skiing finesse and my overall efficiency as I advance in age. 

Obviously, most of it is about refining my technique and never taking anything (or any turn) for granted, so this might be very interesting to watch. 

Less speed will also demand more attention as momentum is no longer present to forgive sloppy skiing and get me through (almost anything). 

So with that in mind, don’t expect hair-raising velocities from me anyomore, just smell the surrounding pine trees and appreciate a smoother ride. I can always speed up my videos...

No comments: