Saturday, January 14, 2023

News-proofing myself

No matter where one’s gets their news, they are negative in their majority and after a while, that flood of negativity impregnate us to the point that we all go south mentally. 

This is why I try to watch my consumption of news, first by being picky with the media I watch (as neutral and balanced as possible) and by the frequency of my exposure to it. 

Giving up social media has been a godsend and finally, when I get exposed to news, I always asked myself the question: “What can I do about it?” If there is something I can do based on my current ability and disposition, I will. It will also enrich and firm up my opinion. 

Also, while I acknowledge my emotions (anger, frustration, fear, culpability), I try my best not to let them cloud my views, I move on to other things and as time goes by, I get better at it everyday!

No comments: