Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Skiing “Pinapple Express” snow

On Tuesday, I went skiing in the afternoon and after a sunny morning snow returned with a vengeance as we were under an additional “Atmospheric River” that was sent to us from Hawaii. 

The snow was super-wet, stuck to my goggles and I couldn’t see a things. 

I took three runs on my favorite, as high as I could get and then threw the towel and went home. I was wondering “What happened to the Greatest Snow on Earth?” That super-dry snow that Utah is internationally famous for… 

Always nostalgic, I had not experience such a wet snow since my days at Avoriaz in the early seventies. Well some of that experience is simply global warming and that kind of wet stuff might be encountered more frequently in the upcoming winters. 

We’ll see, but that day, I went home all wet and totally despondent...

No comments: