Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Another miracle!

As we grow older we become increasingly focused on good health and its growing impact on our daily lives. At the same time, and as they continuously seem to pop up, pains and aches are often confusing as it's hard to always determine if they are serious “mechanical” problems or just old-age hurts such as rheumatoid arthritis or something hard to define .

This week, I suddenly develop an accuse ache in my left knee while walking and it stayed with me for the following two days. My wife suggested that it probably was some arthritic pain; I dismissed that notion as I already anticipated that I must have tore some cartilage or done some irreparable damage to my knee.
When I went running yesterday, the pain was gone as mysteriously as it had come. Once more my wife was right, I was wrong but I was healthy and in the final analysis that's the only reality that counts.

No comments: