Wednesday, May 5, 2010

How many good friends?

Tough question because the true answer never fails to be an eye-opener. I have just under 1,000 names on my Rolodex. Some are friends, family, current and former business associates or relations I built over the years. Now, how many true friends do I have out of this multitude?
I would guess less than the fingers of my two hands? Wait a minute, probably just one hand will do. I have not even included in the grand total the more than 200 Facebook “friends” I amassed in the last 18 month or so, but let's face it, are many of those friends beyond “virtual” quality? I've not started the count of my real friends yet and perhaps won't do it any time soon, but my guess is that I'll end up between 3 and 5 at the very most. Impressive? No, sobering and definitely worth remembering...

No comments: