Thursday, May 13, 2010

What's my work worth?

To the outside world, I pretend to be in retirement, but that's not quite true. I still work; not just around the house, but also by managing my investments that are feeding me before I start collecting my retirement, something that's still four years down the road. So how much are my management efforts worth?
The answer is pretty simple and consists of another question, namely how much would I have to pay someone to replace me in doing that sporadic but rather complex, diverse and important work? I sort of figured it out and the amount impressed me so much that it gave me a brand-new appreciation for my concept of “self-worth...”

1 comment:

William Bocq said...

This reminds me of a Belgian joke: how do you make money in these difficult times?
Buy a Frenchman for what he is worth and sell him for what he thinks he is worth (present company excepted, obviously).