Monday, May 10, 2010

Makaraba and head protection

If you read this blog with any regularity, you're aware that I'm not (yet) a fan of ski-helmets. I do wear a “head bucket” for mountain biking, but that's about it. That was until I heard of the makaraba, this creatively decorated South African helmet, that will be the rage during the upcoming world soccer championships. I could see a ski or bike version of the product.
With its multiple protrusions, cavities and “antlers” of all kinds, it could be used to hang a camera, cell phone, powder straps, ski passes, snack and many more things that normally go inside our pockets, but since there's always the “out-of-sight, out-of-mind” problem, we never know where these items hide when we need them. The great news is that I have all summer to work on a design and color-combination flattering enough for me to test-wear the item when the snow flies in November. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Slider said...

hahahaha... who would ever think of skiing with their e-equipment!