Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The job offer

I generally have a hard time remembering my own dreams. Not last night though; I was somehow back into the “job market” and Philippe Blime, my former boss while I worked for Look ski bindings, somehow resurfaced and offered me a position, for what exactly, I couldn't begin to tell you. Always being the venal person I've always been, I just remember asking what the salary would be. He offered “$112,000 a year.” I said, “what kind of bonus?” He answered “there's no bonus for that job.” I really was very disappointed, me, the incentive-driven person. Philippe probably read my face and went on, “but I'll get you a company American Express card, that way you'll be able to take your wife out for dinner from time to time..."  A silence followed. I needed the job, but wasn't sure I wanted that particular one. I told Philippe: “Please, give me at least 24 hour to think about it...”

1 comment:

Mike's Medical Updates 2023 said...

Jean Francois, the French Capitalist.