Monday, July 26, 2010

Another Tour de France...

This is the first time we've really watched the Tour de France with any intensity and regularity. Except perhaps for some skiing and Olympic events, we're not watching much sports on TV, but this year, we felt the spectacle was well worth it and for the first time in my life, I began to comprehend how this unique sport saga really works. Until now, I have failed to grasp most of the intricacies involving racing strategies, tactics and probably never will understand them as I should, but I'm not as ignorant about that big race as I was until a few weeks ago.

It just took me six decade to catch up! Regardless of the color of their jerseys, we admired the two-hundred athletes' strength, stamina, slim bodies and concluded that cycling was a real sport, more like a marathon, but repeated almost on a daily basis for a three-week period. We've become fans!

No comments: