Saturday, July 17, 2010

A world of Band-aids...

In reviewing my past blogs, I can see that I'm obsessed with keeping the big picture (or the 30,000 feet view) in mind, at all time. Yet, I see that we're continually trying to solve the world's problems by keeping on compartmentalizing them. Last night, I was watching a TV interview of a physician with “Doctor without Borders” complaining about the composition of the United States Food Aid, distributed to kids, as being not nutritional enough and not helping as it should. While I don't disagree with that assessment, what makes me wonder is why we are stubbornly working at fixing symptoms like this one instead of – jointly and simultaneously – eradicating the root cause of the problem, which in that case, like countless others (environmental issues, flawed economic paradigm) is and remain overpopulation...

No comments: