Friday, July 30, 2010

Lake Tahoe, 35 years later

The first time I discovered Lake Tahoe was in April 1975, when my good friend Denys Liboz worked as a technician on the US Ski Team for Look bindings. There still was lots of snow, over 7 feet deep it seems and we skied Heavenly and Mt Rose at that time. I fell in love with the place; its unique scenery and its imposing trees. Since that time, I've returned to that place around a douzen times, and on each occasion I always fall through its charm.

This certainly is a part of the world where I could have lived and be quite happy with its great climate, good skiing and excellent location near Reno and not too far from San Francisco. It evidently didn't happen and I don't regret it, but I still take pleasure in being around that special place and enjoy every single minute I am in its environment...

No comments: