Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The sanctity of time...

We hear mostly about the sanctity of life and I must say that while I'm neither in favor of trivial abortion or any form of capital punishment, I've been guilty, through my already long life of squandering my precious time.
Yet, as I have heard one song say, “time is all we've got” and this is so true; young or old, rich or poor, winner or loser, all these stages in life make no difference as time elapses exactly the same for all.

I love to say, the more we advance in the game of life, the least amount of time is left and therefore whatever is left becomes increasingly precious. As an early riser and someone who is hardly ever late at my appointments, I feel that I contribute to elevating the notion of time where it belong. I was also wondering if there was a patron saint of time but couldn't find one; this says probably a lot about the progress needed to make time worshiping another worthwhile endeavor...

No comments: