Friday, July 9, 2010

Running around the world!

Road running began for me in the summer of 1977 in the hot and muggy New York weather. Since that time, I have run enough to circle the globe. In practical terms, I have already covered more than 25,000 miles, and in doing so, have worn over 30 pairs of running shoes, perhaps a half-a-dozen running shorts, four training suits and few dozen t-shirts. A inexpensive sport that never ceases to amaze me and brings me so much well-being both psychologically and physically. My goal is to make two full loops around our lovely planet before my running career comes to an end. For those of you who love to keep notes, that's another 23 years (correct, I run more than I used to and I'm such an optimist!) and after all, there are still at least 140 countries where I've yet to enjoy a good run!

No comments: