Monday, September 20, 2010

Trade show fever

I don't believe that dreams mean much, if anything; instead, I think that they're a way for our subconscious mind to execute some “house cleaning,” move everything around, replace thoughts in total disorder, spooking us, shocking us or making us marvel at the whole process. Yet, there's a dream of mine that recur most of the time and takes place at some ski or sporting goods trade show. You see, between Europe and the United States, not counting Japan and Australia and some other countries, I've attended a fairly large number of such shows during my business life and as a whole, they must have made some searing marks in my mind.

My dreams are mixing every image, from ancient to contemporary, all unrelated places and a bunch of uncanny situations that I won't begin to describe, but that make these nocturnal events happenings that are impossible to ignore. There's always stress, issues with product samples, poor choice of clothing and angry customers. While I truly believe that I'll have to deal with these weird dreams for the rest of my life, I'm glad for no longer having to work in the sporting goods industry!

No comments: