Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My dear printer...

Remember my Sunday in India, late August? Well, yesterday I had to do it all over again, as my new wireless printer, following an update from HP, went on the freeze and as I was attempting to print a receipt for some online payment I had just made. Of course, I had to call HP, was transported to India, dealt with a totally inapt technician for 80 minutes, had lunch, and resumed the session with another technician in the Philippines for another 90 minutes. That person was a bit more tech savvy and told me that the first installation (my first trip to India) had not be done correctly, so we erased everything and started from scratch.

The technician has the gull to ask me to buy a three-year extended warranty, and when he sensed my resistance settled for just one year, but here again, I told him “no” in no uncertain terms. I then spoke to his supervisor and told him that HP should be more sensitive to its consumers' time, but did not attach too much expectations from that remark. I only hope this latest setup is the last one I had to go through, because now my investment in what was supposed to be an affordable printer is getting close to $1,000 if I factor in my time...

No comments: